Claiming your lost pet
If your pet is listed as found by the Rainbow District Animal Shelter:
CALL: 705-673-3647 (DOGS) or 1 800-836-6661
To find out the whereabouts of your pet, as it may not be in the shelter.
All visits by appointment.
All fees must be paid at the time you claim your pet!
The following procedures are in place to help re-unite owners with their animals in a timely manner and to ensure the safety of the animals, staff and visitors at the shelter.
When you arrive at the shelter you will;
• show government identification with your current address or a licence receipt matching the animal in question.
• pay for any impound, boarding fees for each day your pet is in the shelter,
• pay for any necessary grooming or special care (matters of negligence will be referred to the OSPCA if satisfactory arrangements are not made and you will not be able to redeem your pet).
• pay for any veterinary expenses incured while the pet was in our care.
• purchase a Municipal License before a dog or cat is released from the shelter if it is not already licensed
• have a leash or carrier at the time you claim your pet.
The Shelter is located at:
411 St Agnes St. W.,
Click here for directions to the Shelter
Click here to find the Rainbow District Animal Shelter on Facebook!